Synthetic vs Natural Turf – Get the facts from the experts
On 23rd June 2023, the NTA presented a Community Forum on Natural vs Synthetic Turf. Leading Scientists and Community Leaders presented latest information on this debate to over 120 representatives of community groups throughout Sydney.
PURPOSE OF THE COMMUNITY FORUM
- To provide evidence-based information that upgrading sports fields with natural turf is the best choice for players, the environment, and the community.
- To provide evidence of the environmental, health, and safety dangers of plastic turf.
- Present the facts about how the processes used by the Ku-ring-gai Council to proceed with the construction of a synthetic turf field at Norman lacked proper environmental assessments and thorough community consultation.
- Provide an opportunity to ask the scientists, experts, and community members questions.
- Outline recommendations and suggest actions to ensure proper Governance.